View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 04:51 AM   #44
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
For me, a few of shows were:

Charlie's Angels - I've mentioned this before (and I may be breaking rule #67 of this board), but this show launched puberty for males about my age.

Three's Company - Chrissy Snow. 'Nuff said.

Miami Vice (post mission) - Crockett drove some cool cars, especially the white '85 Testarossa, and Tubbs was the epitome of cool. And babes in bikinis were there before Baywatch was an idea.

Welcome Back Kotter - who didn't want to be a sweathog?

WKRP in Cincinnatti - Sure, Jennifer was stacked, but Baily - wow. Les Nessman is the greatest radio newsman ever. Being married to the station's majority owner allowed Mr. Carlson to apparently skip the background check.

All in the Family - concur with your comments.

What's Happening? - Raj, Dwayne and Rerun and their adventures. The mouthy little Dee always had great comebacks. Big Shirley was to be respected because she didn't allow any ne'er do wells to cause trouble at Rob's Place.

Brady Bunch - Jan was unintentionally correct: Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.

Was never really a fan of but would watch:

M*A*S*H
Sanford and Son (Very cool theme song)
Mork and Mindy
I loved What's Happening. This show formed one-third of The Black Triumvirate....my threefold exposure to real black culture growing up: Good Times (to see what unhappy, poor black people are like), What's Happening (to see what happy, poor black people are like), and The Jeffersons (to see what unhappy, poor black people are like once they are given enough money to move away, thereby becoming happy, rich black people).

Anyway, with regards to What's Happening, who would have known that Fred Berry could make berets and jumpsuits so cool? This show really reminded me of my childhood in the ghetto, when me and all my friends would go to school all day, then head over to the soda shop after school to hang out and avoid trouble....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote