View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #18
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
T1 transition was because of the line to get out of the damn thing. They were letting a few hundred people start at the water exit at the same time, in front of people finishing the swim mind you. I can totally see it taking him 10 minutes. It took me 4+ minutes and I was toward the front. Most of that time was me waiting in line with my bike to get through the exit.

I sucked. My strong point is the swim so that did not go well. Biking is next and when we finally got out of the transition it took another 5 minutes to get out to the road where we could actually start moving. As we did that, my brother was having a problem with his rear tire rubbing so I stopped and helped. Then one of the leaders on the olympic distance crashed going over ethe cattle guard. He was messed up. I stopped for a sec but I am not medically trained and there were 3-4 others around him. After that, I practically walked through the desert.

It basically sucked and I don't think I will be going back to that event.
Dang, that really sucks. I had done it twice in the past and thought it was a good race. I really enjoyed it the first year out there. Then last year with the new management it seemed to be going downhill (best post race food, my ass). I am not surprised with the problems. The place putting it on seems to have ruined it.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote