View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #21
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

The formation of J-Street is an example of how the hegemony of right-wing Israeli politics is starting to end (emphasis on "starting"--it may be decades).

Why are these rebuttals of Israeli war-making I am posting written by Jews? Because only Jews are allowed to criticize Israel without being called anti-Semitic. The strangehold of Israel over American powerbrokers is amazing. Look at the recent example of Olmert claiming that he was able, with one phone call to Bush, change the USA vote in the U.N. on the ceasefire. Obama made terribly bland statements about wanting peace in the region and was attacked as not being pro-Israel.

WTF does "pro-Israel" mean? I mentioned this before, but a member of my bishopric said one reason he didn't like Obama was that he wasn't "pro-Israel" enough. I retorted that it was one of the reasons I *could* like Obama.

The tragedy is very simple: the Jews decided to create a homeland where lots of people were already living. You can't justify injustice by injustice. You can try, but you then you have to be willing to go all the way. You must kill the men, women, children, and cattle (see Old Testament). How much blood will the Chosen People have on their hands before we question these ways?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote