View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 12:03 AM   #6
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
In Italy's biggest newspaper (by biggest, I mean the one with the most circulation throughout the entire country - kind of like USA Today) Il Corriere della Sera, the writer called it a war. He was critical that the Italian team was unable to do anything despite a man advantage and said that the American team should be praised as "fighters who never give up".

The few other papers I looked at were of the opinion that the US is now to be considered a formidable foe.
Cool. That's what I was really wondering about. I wondered if they were giving the US its due or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
All in all, they were impressed enough with the US team and one writer in a smaller paper in Palermo thinks that the US will only be happy until they dominate all sports worldwide - he even mentioned that the US is the only country capable of doing so, so why not want to dominate it all?
Who knew that Archaea was writing for an Italian paper? Thanks for doing that IlPad. It's fun to know how things were interpreted by a more soccer savvy press.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote