View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #32
Gidget

Gidget is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
You don't make it for your kids?

The other night when I came home late from work two little triangles remained from my daughter's grilled cheese sandwich. So I promptly popped them in my mouth and ate them. My daughter came back into the dining room a half hour later to find the rest of her dinner eaten and started wailing. I had to make her a bean burrito.
Actually Surf - it wasn't a bean burrito. You just filled it with chili from your own bowl, that is how poor we are.

However, I don't truly think certain foods reflect economic status. Once when I was in high school I was at a friends house and they had Sloppy Joes for dinner. I made the comment that I had never eaten Sloppy Joes before. My friend's rude aunt replied, "Well your family must have been a lot more rich than this one!" I actually grew up lower middle class, no doubt about it. And I have never eaten more Sloppy Joes than I have in the past 3 months living with my husband's parents, who are easily making more than 3 times the amount my parents ever will.
I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PaloAltoCougar
Gidget is offline   Reply With Quote