View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #10
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Bloom has never suggested any such thing. He doesn't believe in angels and such nor that Jesus healed the sick, rose from the dead, etc. If you gave him truth serum I bet he'd be embarrassed for Joseph over the Book of Abraham. He's hardly ever mentioned the Book of Mormon except in the superficial sop he gave to his buddy Givens for his dust jacket. I guarantee he doesn't believe that Egyptians or Hebrews performed Masonic-like rituals in their temples. He doesn't believe that metal plates or ancient records hadn't been discovered in Joseph Smith's day and that this fact was not well known in Joseph Smith's area. He never said he believes ancient Hebrews came to America. He's been virtually unintelligible about what he means in ascribing a Gnostic genius to Joseph Smith. As we've discussed, it's not clear he means anything Joseph generated outside the King Follett discourse.

The fireside speaker quoted in the article is the modern equivalent of snake oil salesment and the risk of exposure to such charlatans is a big reason why I'd like my children not to be involved with Mormonism. This thread is not a credit to this forum and Indy knows it. He's trolling.
You are a retard.