View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #19
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Gee that was big of you.

I remember going to batting cages (once) and being surprised how fast sixty miles an hour is, let along eighty and above. I barely got ticks off the eighty miles an hour pitch even though I basically knew where the ball would be. Out of twenty I may have actually hit one. That was the sum total of my baseball experience.
Hey, she suckered me into thinking that I had a chance. I had no idea that I had stepped into her world. I had to do something to regain self-respect.

You're right though - it's amazing the difference between a 60-70 mph pitch and an 80 mph pitch and the difference between 80 and 90 is huge as well.

To her credit, she didn't give up, despite swinging after the ball had hit the backstop every pitch. She also never bailed out of the box. She's gutsy. That's what I like about her.

Still, I schooled her. 20 pitches and 15 or 16 line drives with the remainder foul balls straight up and behind.

I don't think I'd do as well now, as I haven't looked at pitches that speed for almost 20 years.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote