View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 06:04 PM   #20
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
So you're point is, highly educated candidates are more attractive to employers, both male and female? Okay. Seems pretty obvious.

What this has to do with "male chavunists" who think women should stay at home is not so "self-evident," but if you refuse to "engage" then I guess it'll remain a mystery.
I think the premise of the male chauvenist perspective (if it is to have any objective and/or moral underpinning at all) is that the work of raising a family including economically providing for it must be divided according to the male's and the female's respective strengths and weaknesses, i.e., what each is best suited for doing well. So I think that employers' judgments that women are disproporationately attaining that creditential that is most meaningful to employers for predicting future success in demanding and high paying full time employement is self-evidently highly relevant. You have yet, by the way, to address this simple, common sense point.

I know you are Boyd K. Packer's cyborg but sometimes your position is so untenable all you are capable of doing is throwing up sophistry. You are relentless, I'll give you that.

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 09-18-2007 at 06:09 PM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote