View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 05:43 PM   #13
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
You're arguing with me as though I've disagreed with you, but I haven't (yet).

I'm genuinely curious: why in your mind does high female enrollment naturally lead to the conclustion that "majority of women should be in the workforce for the good of society as well as their own economic well being and security as well as happiness."

It seems like a non sequiter to me. High female enrollment could mean highly educated mothers at home, could it not? I don't see how you get from one to the other.
Indeed, it could and does certainly mean more highly educated moms at home, which is much better than the old situation, for the kids as well as mom. But as far as my point is concerned, I think the relevance of this data is so self-evident that I'm not going to engage you any further than I have: Prospective employers hiring for elite jobs see a degree from a good college as highly relevant, probably the most important factor among young men and women, predicting suitability for the job in question.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote