Thread: Seattle Ute
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
El Paso Coug

El Paso Coug
Default Seattle Ute

I know that a lot of people on this board really like to get into it with SU and SU is always up for a good board fight. The obvious reason is because SU is certain that he has discovered that the LDS Church is a fraud and he has personally admitted that he is bitter about it for living for so many years under false doctrine. Most of the people posting on this board believe the LDS Church is true.

Here's the point of my post. Try to put yourself in SU's shoes. What if you came to a realization that the LDS Church wasn't the only true church and Joseph Smith really wasn't a prophet? How would you feel? It wouldn't be an easy pill to swallow. I'm not saying that I agree with SU's positions or his manner of addressing matters on this board, but I can at least say that I have some small level of understanding of where he is coming from with his posts because I have tried to put myself in his shoes.

I haven't left the Church like SU has, but I've stated that I have my doubts. With those doubts, I can relate to SU's perspective. With that said, I do think that he could sometimes engage certain topics with a bit more tolerance and tact.

This post is after reading the entire limited geography thread.