View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 10:12 PM   #21
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I believe America is more than bricks and mortar too. But without property, there's no America to protect.

Comparing the 90's gaps in attacks to today is a total red herring. The US stance toward terrorism is completely different. Likely someday another attack will be successful and the counter will reset, but it's not for lack of a herculean effort to prevent it.

Short of Bush becoming king, etc., there is very little that has happened so far (as it touches civil rights) to justify any more than a Chicken Little view of the impending doom of the America "I know and love."

If you cannot see a difference between us and them in this regard, this conversation is bankrupt to begin with.
I am not claiming it si bush that will destroy us, I am talking abotu it long term, long after you and I are dead and buried and even SU is but a misty memory among a gneration of vipers, I mean litigators. Whether there is a big effort ot prevent an attack is irrelevant to this discussion. So without property there is no america to protect; does this mean you think america is gone with a successful attack of some large scale destruction? What does this mean?

Finally you say if I can't see a difference between us and them in "this regard." What regard are you talking about? DO you disagree that the statement made is among the justifications used by our terrorist enemies?