View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 05:34 PM   #28
Gidget

Gidget is on a distinguished road

I obviously don't know ALL the details of Chad Hardy's membership in the Church, but the obvious infraction here wasn't the bare chested mormons. It was the clear correlation he created with missionaries and lude suggestive conduct. Maybe this is a conversation killer, but the bottom line is the church is made up of men, in my opinion that is the beauty of it. When we are baptized and made official members of the Church - we all commit to putting our faith in them as the leaders of it - and supporting and upholding them in the role of their callings - which call for them to decide things like appropriate discipline. This might be easier for me to say given the fact I converted and made the decision to be a member at an older age (17). But if you can't handle men running the church then who should? If the Big Guy wanted it run perfectly He would be down here doing it Himself, but He has us do it instead, go figure.
I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PaloAltoCougar
Gidget is offline   Reply With Quote