View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 09:04 PM   #7
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Think about the blowback when the announcement comes out that BYU is not included in expansion. And it is revealed that BYU was always thought to be a longshot to be included in expansion by the Big 12. And that the Big 12 was never formally contacted by BYU.

It's going to be a bloodbath. And people are going to be on Holmoe for his job.
He's a bad AD if he hasn't talked with people at the Big 12. Don't you think that's extremely unlikely? I don't think he's a bad AD. I can't speak to why BYU wants everything to be so secret. I don't agree with that either. But that culture wasn't so unusual in very old school business that many of our GA's worked in before they were GA's several decades ago. It's what they know. It will probably change eventually. I hope for sooner rather than later.

Still, I highly doubt Holmoe isn't doing whatever he can to get us to the P5. He's actually said in public he is. So he's telling the truth about that or lying. He doesn't come across to me as a liar. Maybe he is, but I think that's extremely cynical and I can't go that far. Unfortunately the B12 itself isn't acting in a way that should make you think they have reached any consensus on anything. They seem like a pretty dysfunctional bunch.

Last edited by BlueK; 05-11-2016 at 09:12 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote