View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 07:56 PM   #33
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Curious: how does one do a "random" poll of voters when the debate finished at 10:30 PM EDT? Are they seriously polling people at 11 o'clock at night?
Online. Telephone for market research is so 1970s. These people were recruited before to watch and answer questions about the debate. Knowledge Networks is one of my company's clients. They're legit. This is just the CBS poll. I didn't look up the others, but I assume the methodology was similar.

This CBS News poll was conducted online by Knowledge Networks among a nationwide random sample of 473 uncommitted voters - voters who don’t yet know who they will vote for, or who have chosen a candidate but may still change their minds - who have agreed to watch the debate. Knowledge Networks, a market and public policy research firm based in Menlo Park, CA, conducted the web poll among a sample of adult members of its panel, who are provided web access if they don't already have it. More technical information is available at http://www.knowledgenetworks.com/gan...ewer-info.html.

This is a scientifically representative poll of uncommitted voters’ reaction to the presidential debate. The margin of sampling error could be plus or minus 5 percentage points for results based on the entire sample.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote