View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 02:54 PM   #40
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Many animals eat grass, each one that does decreases the chance of forest fire, including cows. Further, cows tend to be one of the most inneffecient animals in existence in that they tend to eat more grass per pound than other animals. Hence, cows eat more grass than other animals thus having the highest per pound impact on fire fuel source depletion. Some biolgists recommend that the western cattle industry should move to more sheep as sheep are far more effecient. Other like yourself want to live in an ivory tower imagining the land teaming with elk, quail and thumper beating on his log.

For the record I have had no education in Idaho, my public school education was in the progressive state of California. Tell SuperMarvel I said hello!
Sheep pull the grass up from the root. So denude the entire west?

Why is it that people in the West are the ones who care least about the West? I think it is because of their hardscrabble lives. Money is the end-all be-all for these poor people. Even when they aren't poor they still feel the same way. The land is there to be raped.

I'll bet my great-aunt who is in her 70s and every year digs out leftover potatoes in Idaho (for free) so she can survive the winter, I'll bet she doesn't give a damn about horses, wolfs, denuding federal land, etc. I'll bet she does care about money and food.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote