View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 06:13 PM   #27
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
We have immunized our kids...but I also believe that there are chances that autism can be triggered by some of the vaccinations. With that said, that percentage is obviously very small and the greater good of vaccines outweighs the small percentage of 'side effects.'
I can accept this approach, although I can't quite agree with your assessment of the chances of autism being caused by vaccinations. Erectile dysfunction could be caused by vaccinations as well. "YOU deal with erectile dysfunction and THEN you come tell me that I should risk something that I deeply believe has already hurt our family once. " Hypothetically speaking of course.

The reason this autism link is even being considered (that's a fairly generous term), is that we are much more aware of autism (and Asperger's and the like) than we ever have been before. We give more vaccinations than ever before and therefore it's a convenient link to draw (and it allows us to ignore the increasing prevalence of TV, video games, etc).
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote