View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 04:42 PM   #35
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
I'm 6'2" and wear a 38 waist, and currently weigh about 230 lbs. I'm actually probably a 37 waist as 36s are a bit too tight, and 38s are a bit baggy, so I go with the 38 for comfort sake. The biggest I've been was 260, and my ideal is in the 200-210 range. I'm about halfway there. I actually carry my weight fairly well, and while I'm overweight and working at it, I by no means look obese for a guy who is as big as I am. (I guess by no means am I obese either).

I gained most of my weight in college, going from 185 up to about 230 while working with the football team at the Y. They fed us like the players, but we weren't even close to physically working like the players, and I bulked up quite a bit (and not in a good way). Add to it a knee injury, sympathy pregnancy weight, genetics and starting a desk job, and I went from 230 in school to the 250-260 range. I really enjoy working out and wish I could do it more. The hardest thing for me is finding the time to do it, since I hate getting up early and feel an obligation to spend time with wife/kids, and finding somebody to lift weights with so I push myself enough.
Your BMI is close to the 90th percentile.

Btw, I think the more interesting figure would be the median waist size in america, not the average.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote