View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 11:57 PM   #27
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
That's an interesting idea. Lots of times on Sunday we do ribs in the crockpot since they are so easy ... the meat literally falls off the bone. But you don't get the smoky flavor. I may have to try your method one of these days. Hour in the smoker and then put them in the crockpot.
Yes, you should try it. Furthermore, I usually put them in the smoker for an hour on Saturday night and then put them in the fridge in an airtight container. Then I throw them in the oven Sunday morning and let them cook while we are at church. The house smells lovely when you come home.

I used to use a crock pot to slow-cook the smoked ribs, but I prefer to use a covered roasting pan in the oven. With the crock pot, the bottom half of the ribs get soaked in water. With a big roaster, I can keep the ribs out of any water that comes out. And with the slow cooking, they are plenty moist. The low setting on a crock pot is 200 degrees and the high setting is 300 degrees, so you get slow-cooking either way.