View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 05:33 AM   #17
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthesian View Post
Actually, it was an honest mistake. I was thinking of Bart Ehrman of UNC Chapel Hill (and not of Princeton Divinity) who was one of Metzger's students. I don't mirror my understandings after any of them per se. I can agree with their understandings but may not completely understand them in their entirety. Who doesn't get some of their ideology from other writers? I know many people who get theirs from McConkie, Packer or Talmage. Is it wrong...absolutely not. I happen to agree with Metzger and Ehrman because of what I have been studying in my NT class. But I actually don't give a shit what any of you think so it doesn't really matter, right?

We have commented here upon Metzger's passing, so we thought you were trying a ruse on us. Many of us like the research of Metzger and his protege, Ehrman, and others, but make no mistake, they are not the last word on liberal research.

You have admitted to lying to us in the past, so every mistake you make will look like another ruse. It appears you believe you are more informed and intelligent than us, which may be the truth, but alas we are not total morons.