View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 12:31 AM   #8
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a Dura Ace cog set. I thought triples only came on mountain bikes, but apparently I'm mistaken.

I have a 11-23 and a 11-25, but I am learning to change it for a race coming up. For whatever reason, as a team sponsor, they're making me enter the race as well. I will be the slowest crit rider ever.

I don't believe I have a strength, but I'm stupid enough and willing enough to suffer. Hence climbing.

My brother and I are racing, sorta, Mt. Rose. Our friend races ahead in fourth or fifth gear. My brother decides to comfort his older brother and to stick with me. His heartrate is at 191 and mine is 174. Man was I dying.

However, being ill can really drive one's heart rate up.

Right after returning from vacation, ill as I was, I road with the guys who were just toodling along, and my heartrate was in the 190s. Normally, prolonged riding in that range sends my thighs into convulsions, so I backed off.

We have a crit rider who sends her HR into the 200s. I wonder if the charts record 45 year olds with heart rates in the 190s or 200s. It's probably called heart attack.

I do enjoy keeping my heartrate in the 160s to low 170s. That's a good workout for me. In the 180s, and I'm feeling some pain. I can't keep it above 200 for long.

The Death Ride is on the list, as is the Furnace Creek 508 and the LotoJa.

Would you be interested in forming a team for the 508 wth creekster. I need to check the date as there is a local race I'm responsible for as well.

My friend from Reno did the Death Ride. PAC has done the death ride. Right now, my fitness only lets me race about 90 miles, after that I'm toast, but we have a nice little 130 miler next weekend before our stage race at the end of the month.

Do you have time to do the Nelson's Landing race here in Vegas? TT on Friday, Crit Saturday and RR Sunday. They have 1-5s and 45 plus and 55 plus.