Thread: The "new tone"
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #6
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

• Jimmy Hoffa, Jr., Teamsters General President, on the Tea Party: "President Obama, this is your army. ... lets take these sons-of-bitches out ..."

The President, who spoke at the same podium 20 minutes later, said he was "proud" of Hoffa. The White House refused further comment, but Obama did have this to say back in February:

Quote:
At a time when our discourse has become so sharply polarized, at a time when we are far too eager to lay the blame for all the ails of the world at the feet of those who think differently than we do, it’s important for us to pause for a moment, make sure that we are talking with each other in a way that heals, not a way that wounds.
EDIT: Jonah Goldberg perfectly nails this "bonfire of asininity" and mirrors my feelings on the "new tone" as well as capturing the purpose of this thread ... which, by the way, appears to have flown right over Cali Coug's sizeable hotair-balloon-sized head.

Heh.

Quote:
We are in a really weird place where the head of the teamsters can't talk tough! I guess ex-cons are the only ones left who can still talk like men every now and then.

We would not be in this mess, we would not have this controversy, if we did not have this bonfire of asininity that came out of the Tucson shootings where all of a sudden Sarah Palin’s Facebook Congressional map was somehow to blame for not only this madman but for all of the violence overtaking America. And for all I know, listening to some of these people on MSNBC, it was responsible for Lee Harvey Oswald.

I mean, it was this absolutely bizarre standard that was established that Barack Obama picked up. He created this standard for themselves where any martial metaphor, any tough language like this, was automatically by their own words and their own standards set up to be inciting violence and what not.

And now it's blowing up in their faces (if I'm allowed to say that), and they deserve it!

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 09-07-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote