View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 12:09 AM   #19
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
Speaking of Wasatch Back, how are you doing your sleeping? We're doing it for the first time this year. I think I'm going to be doing legs 1/13/25. We have a little popup trailer that we were going to camp in at East Canyon. We were going to try going out in shifts of three--so have 13, 14, 15 for legs 13-15, switch out for 16-18, and get 13-15 some extra sleep. But it's kind of tricky because it leaves either 15 or 16 running in the middle of the night without support for a stretch in the middle of the night. There are 5 women and me on the van and they're understandably not excited about running in the middle of the night alone. Any ideas? Are you having a pacer run/bike with your night runners?
I just read this post again and I'm not exactly sure I know what you're saying, but I don't think leaving anyone alone without support for any stretch is a good idea even in the day, much less in the black of night. Do not leave any of your runners on their own just so everyone else can get more sleep. Being dead tired, dirty and hungry are part of the relay's charm, part of what makes it difficult. Everyone has to suck it up together and get through the rest of the race sleep deprived and tired.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote