View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 10:20 PM   #18
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
Just to be clear, I don't recommend you go buy trail shoes just for that leg if you are never going to wear them again. Just plan on feeling every rock and pebble you step on with the bottom of your foot. That road is very rocky. If it's raining, it will be muddy as well.

Also, your second leg is going to be freezing cold, so I would recommend at least a long sleeve tech shirt. I was miserable last year during the night, it's cold up in those mountains.

This race isn't like a fully supported road race where they give you a drink every mile. You and your team are on your own, so be sure and bring everything you will need to stay comfortable.
I would recommend you buy trail shoes. You'll ruin yourself for the rest of the race. That gravel road is the first leg, right?

No...you could get by without them. But if you hike at all, I'd get them. If you just use them for trail runs and hikes, they'll last forever, and they don't cost any more than a pair of hiking boots. Very few hiking trails require real ankle support anyway, and you'll appreciate the lighter weight.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote