View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 09:43 PM   #10
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I went to Phillipe's and had a roast beef french dip. It was most excellent. Are the pies homemade? I was skeptical so I passed on them, I didn't want anything that was processed, frozen and thawed.

I was in line next to these two kind elderly couples who said they drove there all the way from Santa Barbara because they love the place. I said ha, I drove from Santa Cruz en route to San Diego.

I know you recommended two sandwiches in the other thread, but I had just the one, and then went to Cielito Lindo a couple of blocks down and had the #2.

Meanwhile that was my first time in downtown Los Angeles. I've been all over the valley, but not in the heart of old school L.A. Beforehand I didn't realize where I was headed until I got on the 110, came around a turn and BAM - there was the city skyline, all lit up and right in front of me. It was beautiful. And there was a park next to Cielito Lindo with a large nativity all dressed up. Good times.

I'm going out tonight but maybe will hit San Diego's Tommy burger tomorrow before the Rose Bowl starts.

Last edited by ute4ever; 12-31-2007 at 09:46 PM.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote