View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 03:02 AM   #11
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahWaters View Post
Well, I decided to run it. I'd had a crappy week, and wanted to feel like I'd accomplished something good by the end of it.

I'm glad I did it. The weather was perfect (around 50 degrees) and I decided to take it easy and not worry so much about my time. I didn't feel like puking when I finished, so I know I could have pushed myself harder.

My original goal was to run at about an 8:12 mile pace. I ended up doing an 8:49, so it was well below my goal. Final time was 1:55:33. which was 23rd out of 178 in my age group, and 364th overall out of around 1700.

So, nothing to brag about, but I gained some good experience for next time. I find that I do have difficulty pacing myself. I suppose wearing a Garmin would fix that.
Nice job! I knew you'd run it. My guess is that looking back you're probably just as proud of having done this one at an 8:49 right after the flu than you would have been dropping an 8:12/mile pace. And placing in the top 25 is always a good thing. Well, unless there are only 25 runners.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote