View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 03:30 PM   #33
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I still think ESA does not fall under SU's model, though, since, again, bonds are financing, not subsidy.
Having read the thread I realize I know very little about this topic, so let me ask a question. If the government is providing financing, what are the terms? In other words, is this a loan that could be had some where else? Could it be had for the same rate and the same terms?

I'm suspecting that the reason one gets government financing is because it is better than private financing. Same reason I financed as much of my education as I could on government loans. I think the the loans I got from the government as a subsidy and I know that there is a cost involved in the government offering me financing at well below market rates.

Is this analogous to what we are talking about here or no? If there is no benefit to public financing then why not finance privately? If public financing is on more favorable terms then there must be a cost to the tax, yes? Or is it simply a benefit conferred? I'm ignorant so DDD or anyone else please enlighten me.