View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 01:52 AM   #205
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I haven't followed this thread too closely but let me see if I can help poke make his point. I was taking a deposition of a witness once in an environmental class action we were defending against a pulp mill in Alaska. I asked the witness to list the environmental groups in which she was an active member (to establish bias). She listed a litany, practically every one you could think of. Then she paused and pointedly said she didn't belong to the Wilderness Society. I asked her why, and she said her husband commercial fished and the Wilderness Society was opposed to fishing in Glacier Bay National Park. That said it all.

Anyone who claims they'd sacrifice their livelihood or even take a pay cut for the stellar sea lions or the spotted owl or old growth is probably a liar. I know Levin likes to think of himself as for endangered species, but he'd trade them for money. But it's all mental. He has his price. So does Waters, I venture.
Like I said before, you defend corporate interests against the environment and conservation. It says as much on your bio.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote