View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 02:18 PM   #50
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Onesies and twosies are what are publisized. Think about it, if a cop pulls over somebody for drunk driving, the statistics show that person has been driving drunk many times before.

So a few have been publlisized, how many have not?
Oh come on, Arch. You don't really find this persuasive, do you? How many silently oppressed are there? Hundreds? Thousands? Tens of Thousands?

Sounds like paranoia to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
And more importantly the constant complaining by a few libertarians might be the reason why the government is more limited in its abuses.

There should NEVER be an abuse of civil liberties, and if it is ever allowed, then it could get out of control. Once it's out of control we will never regain a position to maintain them. You mist that point.
That's just wrong. There is ALWAYS a balance between liberty and security. No system is perfect, and there will always be someone, somewhere who overstepped bounds and violated someone's civil rights.

The question is, do we have good laws that are generally enforced, and are the rights of the average American generally uninfringed upon?

If the best you can do for the past 6 years is scare tactics, than I think my point is made.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote