View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 05:58 AM   #48
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

So the fact that I've never seen it referred to in that way despite caring a lot about the issue and keeping up with all the news makes me irrational? I won't deny that there are people who refer to themselves as old earth creationists, but I haven't heard about them. I think that since creationists, and more recently the "intelligent design" crowd, have been exposed as the "liars for Jesus" that they are, that most of those who technically could be called "old earth creationists" have chosen to avoid any association with the young earth crowd, and therefore eschew the label of creationists. That you have not done similarly places you in the minority, and my use of the term as it is most commonly employed remains acceptable.

I think there are degrees of irrationality. Islam is more irrational than Jainism, creationism is more irrational than stories about Jesus. People love to try to force atheists to declare all religions equally bankrupt, when that is simply not the case.

A strong argument could be made that our best presidents were among the least religious, and that any good the most religious presidents have done has been in spite of their religion. I don't suppose doing so would be of any use to you, however.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote