View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 08:56 PM   #71
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I guess I don't see answers to prayers as being one-stop shop packages, whether they arrive at the beginning, the middle, or the end. I believe the struggle is part of the process, certainly.

I suppose what I'm really getting at is, I think the conception that "were God involved, all would be in agreement" is false. The diversity of opinion among smart and well-intentioned brethren is an intended consequence of our creation, perhaps given to us by God to remind us that he can be reached in many different ways, and that not all problems have only one solution.
In my experience answers to prayer are rarely sudden and instantaneous ... much to my chagrin they often only arrive with time, after toil, effort and great frustration.

I go back to a previous statement in this thread, in response to Mike's question ... I believe concenus occured at "the very first moment that SWK voiced what he had been feeling." Each member of twelve was then left to discover how to reconcile their personal feelings with the will of the Lord. I have seen this happen in local leadership decision making process.

Last edited by tooblue; 12-15-2007 at 12:00 AM.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote