Thread: Deplorable ...
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 03:30 PM   #6
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
These racist people don't walk around in little bubbles. They are a product of our society, and not merely an abberation as many want to believe.

The problem racism is systematic, pervasive and unfortunately at many levels of governing tolerable. It is one of the greatest failings of north American society.
I believe you're too provincial in limiting the problems of racisim to North America. In my travels of the Seven Seas, it exists in all lands, every country and tongue. Wherever diversity exists, discrimination on the basis of that diversity can be found.

I disagree it is necessarily systematic. It is cultural first, and culture arises first and foremost in the family and extended family.

Our government doesn't promote. Now, certain segments of minority advocates unwittingly promote it, but show me any public pronouncement, other than by some black advocates, where it is taught in the schools, promoted by government or business. You will not be able to. It is preached in some ignorant homes of the uneducated.