Thread: Signature wins
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
No credible BYU fan ever expects the basketball team to win games it is not supposed to. And what are those games it is not supposed to? Good team on the road or neutral court, esp. when it really matters.

BYU looked completely lost and befuddled. A&M was supremely confident. A&M=easy shots and making them. BYU=tough shots, and missing the occasional easy shot.

Mental toughness. Missing. I really thought Jimmer would do better. The kid, I thought, has the seeds of mental toughness. But they were not on display yesterday. He laid a giant egg. I'm being tough on him because I don't expect any heart from Cummard and Tavernari and the giant pussy Miles.

Btw, you can count to 5 - Mississippi in the amount of time it takes from Miles catching a pass two feet from the basket and him putting up a pointblank shot. Of course, the shot is going to be some fading piece of crap. You know, I always thought that Plaisted had problems finishing in traffic and going strong, but compared to Miles, Plaisted is the world's toughest basketball player.
I desire BYU to build a program where we can expect some upset, quality wins. BYU has not had such a program in football or basketball, but if Nevada can do it, BYU has sufficient resources to do it.