Thread: First honey
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 03:35 AM   #54
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Update. I now have three beehives. The original one that is at a friend's home. And two new ones that were originally my father's. One of the two is very strong, the other is weak. Both of these are at my home.

Today I went and checked on the hive at my friend's home. I hadn't cracked this open since last fall. It was full to the brim of honey. I was surprised. So I put on another super. I'm going to need to harvest this honey sometime soon.

I think it's going to be a very good year down here for honey. The bees are working like mad. It's a beautiful sight to see, the bees darting through the shafts of light through the trees. Coming and going.

This one at my friend's house is more aggressive than my other two. They got me good tonight. Stung me three times through my clothes. Once in the right pec, once in the right inner thigh, and one on the right buttock. They made their presence known. I had messed with them twice today. First time no problem, second time, they were upset.

I may eventually need to requeen this hive. Though I doubt I will ever be able to find the queen.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote