View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #49
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I personally believe that SC is the best team in the country. But I am telling you right now that if the Pac-10 continues to have a "down" year. The SEC and Big 12 will be putting teams in the National championship game if they are undefeated. If Oklahoma and Florida get through their schedules unbeaten they will both play in the NC over USC.

Regarding BYU, the BCS talk has to do with the media creating a BCS buster every season. People love to cheer for the underdog. BYU fans have embraced this role and they are running with it. I have no problem with it because after starting 3 straight years 1-2 its nice to be 3-0 and still have those aspirations as a possibility.

Also I still believe if Washington or UCLA were to play a MWC schedule they would finish no worse than 4th or 5th in the conference. Which means in my opinion we should not be tested until TCU and then Utah.
I agree that it is fun. Maybe I should read the posts in that vein....mostly for fun, as opposed to people seriously thinking we could beat Georgia based on the fact that we beat UW by 1 point.

If SC wins out, I don't see how would they not make the NC game. They are #1 by a wide margin in the polls. I don't think anyone cares how awful Washington State is when assessing SC as the top team in the country.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote