View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 05:41 AM   #81
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

I met Admiral James Stockdale; sat next to him (across the aisle). He did not ask where he was. His wife was very pushy, but he was nice.

I sat next to Eddie Arnold at an ice capades when I was 8 years old. He was a nice guy.

I skied across Wayne Wong's skis once at alta.

I said hello to Robert Redford at Alta a few years after he opened his own resort and when we asked him why he wasn't skiing there he just laughed.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, my son and wife met 5 Us presidents at once (carter, ford, Reagan, bush senior and Clinton) while I watched from the audience.

I was invited to a private concert with Alanis Morissette at a local radio station. I had never been a fan of hers but went for the fun of it. It was in a small studio and they recorded a couple of live songs with an audience of about 20. Afterwards she mingled and posed for photos. She was incredibly gracious and charming.

I had back stage passes to a counting crows concert. They were pretty boring and normal (like me), and Durwitz is a surprisingly big dude.

I rode up alongside Arnold Schwarzenengger years ago ont he bike path in Santa Monica. He was in his pumped up phase still and he looked ridiculous on the bike. But he was also surprisingly friendly.

There have been a few others, but my list is pretty slim compared to most, and gidget is right, I am a lot older.