View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #50
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
As one of the younger posters on the board, let me point out that young couples today grew up with sex, sex, sex in the media. Girls today think lots of sex is what other girls want, and they just go along with it.

For ten years on Friends, we watched Rachel and Monica talk about their sexual escapades with so-and-so, a different guy every episode. We saw Elaine lose the masterbation wager on Seinfeld. We saw an influx of teen films where the girls throw themselves at guys physically. Maybe you spent your Junior High years watching The Cosby Show; we had Sex and the City.

I've heard about what a big deal it was for the Ellen Degeneras sitcom to feature tv's first lesbian kiss back in the early '90's. Now you see it all the time. Today's young adults grew up with it.

Years ago, sex may have been a taboo topic for women, and perhaps they felt dirty for wanting it even in marriage. Maybe only ten years ago it was like that. However, my peers want a lot of sex because they have been taught that they want to have a lot of sex.
I think you are overstating your case. There was plenty of sex in the media in the 60's,70's, and 80's. Don't kid yourself.