View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #41
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Sheep pull the grass up from the root. So denude the entire west?

Why is it that people in the West are the ones who care least about the West? I think it is because of their hardscrabble lives. Money is the end-all be-all for these poor people. Even when they aren't poor they still feel the same way. The land is there to be raped.

I'll bet my great-aunt who is in her 70s and every year digs out leftover potatoes in Idaho (for free) so she can survive the winter, I'll bet she doesn't give a damn about horses, wolfs, denuding federal land, etc. I'll bet she does care about money and food.
I guess that explains why the cattle industry won over sheep. Cows are the champions of the great conservationists.

I think the answer is that 1.) your aunt has bigger balls than you and balls is something of value in the west. You don't have to like it but when you come here you best be respecting it, homesplice! 2.) This might be a little more obvious, but we live here. Wolves are a nuisance and we put a higher value on the nuisance being out of our lives than your 30 second once a lifetime nipple hardening catch with your nikon 60 mm. Further, I don't accept that cows are ruining public lands and to be blunt there are not many other uses for much of the public lands where the cows roam.