View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 08:11 PM   #25
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Learn nuance.

First, everybody you deem an apostate is not an apostate. People find themselves in differing states of belief at different times of their lives. In a way, there are two or three who are disaffected, or completely dissociated from Church belief. The remainder here have varying states of association. Unlike you, I see no value in kicking everybody out who does not share a narrow, blind interpretation of Church traditions, culture, policies and doctrines. I find it objectionable for you to label somebody unnecessarily as an apostate. Only a person and his God, and perhaps his ecclesiastical leader is in a position to make that decision.

Second, I am not blind, but choose not to make the same judgment as you. There is a significant nuance in that. I will defend the right of free speech, because in the articulation of thought, I can contrast what I think I know or what I believe to believe. Contrast highlights my own thoughts. With the exception of Aaron Shaf, I find most here have honestly or satirically expressed their viewpoints.

So please explain your belief that anybody is bashing LDS beliefs. We have a broad spectrum. If you would cease from the ad hominems, your perspectives can serve us well. If we need conversion, then perhaps your superior insights will sway us misguided souls. However, attacking us for not seeing the light is a poor tool of persuasion. And if you don't give a shit about us, then why bother?
Then you and I disagree, because there are those on here who do not honestly seek to knowledge and wisdom. They seek to denigrate, mock and do anything but uplift.

You can explain away anything to fit your paradigm of thought and defense simply because that's what you're paid to do and when to school for. I'm not a professional arguer like you are. I imagine with the bizarre intensity you use in stubbornly keeping the stances you do, that you quite obviously never seen the simplest of things because unless it's deep and complicated you won't bother.

So in speaking of learning nuance I'd be happy to mail you a hand mirror.