View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 03:13 AM   #29
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Well, there is truth to this. I guess suckiness for SC is another team's good season. SC had several bad seasons, by any standards. I mean, we did win the rose bowl also once in the late 80s, and we made it back a few other times and lost (including to Michigan State), but we were never in the run for a title those years, so who cares?

The best coaches have always been dinged for their players. Name me the top coaches in their profession....they always have great players. Red Auerbach? Pat Riley? Tom Landry? Knute Rockne? all these legends had some of the best players in the game at the time. The argument doesn't hold much water.

You dont accomplish what PC has accomplished without being a great coach. As a matter of fact, the critique is ridiculous. I have heard people say that SC cheats, that they run a dirty program, etc...I have never heard that PC is not a good coach.
I think Carroll is a fantastic coach for one simple reason - the players he gets are better when they leave USC than when they arrived at USC.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote