View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 01:53 AM   #20
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

I am amending my prediction!

*Drumroll*

I no longer think that the Spurs will go to the finals. You can put this down as the lock of the week

At this point I think that Miami has a good shot at the finals if Detroit doesn't pull their head out of the sand. I didn't think that Miami was good enough to get this far but they are looking good and the pistons look very vulnerable right now.

Mavs/Suns - It could go either way. There are 2 major factors in this series.

1. Can the Suns keep it up? This is a team with a 6 deep lineup who plays breakneck speed and has played in 2 consecutive 7 game series. Will the suns wear down? They showed signs of it in game 1 until Steve Nash took over in the last 2 minutes(CURSES to Nash!!!!). Losing Raja Bell for 1 or 2 games didn't help matters.

2. Can the Mavs consistantly play tighter defense and force Phoenix into something that they really don't want to do(like a half-court game)? The Mavs were all over the place in game 1. I expect a much better and more disciplined effort in game 2. AJ is great at making adjustments. But can they do it consistantly? The injury to Josh Howard may end up hurting the mavs against the suns as he copes with phoenix's cutting style well.

This series is too close to call.