View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #34
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
What I'm actually counting on is the free market, if you can't tell. I said nothign about command-and-obey policymaking (I said Gore was off his rocker). The market is finally giving us what we need, and we're responding as we should -- more Civics, fewer Expeditions; collapsing suburban home markets; burgeoning inner-city markets . . . But the changes have to be absolutely game-changing for America to stay dominant economically. We're draining away our wealth and future by funneling it overseas.
No, you want to choke the market. You're advocating arbitrary contraction of supply (among other things) based on your personal policy preferences.

I remember a few years ago nutty greenies pining for $5/gal gasoline because it would "force" the country to adopt more green policies. They are exceptionally dismayed that, now that we're there, the country is not going more green but demanding more oil.

I'm not opposed to alternative fuel research. I don't understand why environazis have to insist on suffocating our energy industry in the meantime.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote