View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 04:10 PM   #23
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Well, at least people are talking now . . .

But this is more or less what I was afraid I would see. SU would come out with guns ablaze, claiming that it's an open and shut case and that it is scientifically proven as immutable. A few chime in some news reports and some stories they've heard about gays changing orientation, at which point SU changes his tune to "virtually no dissent." All the while, nobody seems to have access to any studies on the matter on which to hang our hat, indicating to me that it's not only far from an "open and shut" case, but that there doesn't seem to be any concordance on the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SU
This is such an old, well trod issue, and the evidence and common sense is so overwhelmingly one sided, probably no one cares to discuss this with you. I don't care to and don't plan to beyond this.
Thanks once more for your insightful contribution. Please keep your promise and shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewaters
Indy that's why no one has engaged him. He hasn't asked smart questions, and he has put limitations that while they say "no bickering" what they really mean is "no controversy, and non disagreement."
I wonder how you might improve the question. I asked for references to solid scientific studies on the mutability or immutability of same sex attraction instead of the tired back and forth between the same actors, arguing the same cases and coming to the same conclusions. I'm all for controversy and disagreement, but in this case, I would have preferred that the disagreement have a little more substance behind it.