Thread: Sunday dinner
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 04:24 PM   #28
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Grilled flatbread is simple, delicious and incredibly versatile. You can use it as Naan as well. I got this from Bobby Flays cookbook.

Grilled Flatbread
1 1/2 cups warm water (105 to 110 degrees F)
1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil, plus more for bowl
Mix water and yeast in a large bowl and let stand 5 minutes to proof. Gradually pour in 2 cups of the flour and stir to incorporate. Mix for about 1 minute to form a sponge. Let stand, covered, for at least 1 hour.

Put sponge in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, add the salt and oil, then add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, to form a dough. Remove from bowl and knead. Place in a clean oiled bowl and let rise, slowly, about 2 1/2 hours. Divide dough into 4 balls, let rise again for 1/2 hour, and then roll out as desired. Spray or brush lightly with olive oil.

Place the dough on a preheated grill set to high heat oil side down. Spray the top side. As the dough bubbles, about two minutes, peek underneath to ensure that it doesn't burn. Flip the dough over and grill for another minute or two.
I have long been wanting to try this grilled flatbread recipe, and yesterday was the day, my friends. Very good. Thanks, yohio.
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote