View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 11:12 PM   #43
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Sure thing, Il Pad. Obama's numbers hitting 50% for the first time yet terrify me. So does the 8 point lead that Obama has opened up, along with polling that indicates Palin is not liked by women. Likewise, I am really nervous to see how Troopergate evolves, particularly given that the legislature's investigation is due to be completed (with all details released) five days before the election. I also hate the fact that she destroys the "experience card" that McCain was trying to play, and that she apparently also has a crazy pastor.

Actually, I don't know if I could have designed a better VP pick for McCain if I had tried.
It appears the bump toward 50% which he has received in both Gallup and Rasmussen polls is tied to the news about Palin's daughter (not sure what other news event it could be associated with). Before that, his convention "bump", such as it was, had dwindled.

If this little jump truly represents the public reacting to the Bristol Palin pregnancy, it's not something I would be popping a lot of champagne over. Besides being a pretty distasteful way to claim a lead (yes, I know about Obama's statement), it also likely means it's quite tenative.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote