Thread: Oil in America
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 10:44 PM   #84
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
Good luck finding. I don't think you'll be able to because the argument for oil independence is really just a feel good political stand and not a sound economic argument. But I'd be happy to read what you can find. I'm not opposed to more drililng, but it's not the panacaea some seem to think it is. It's just increasing overall supply, which is fine, but it's not the same thing as oil independence which wouldn't help anyway. The real solution to lessening the influence of the middle eastern oil producers is alternative energy, and I don't have any idea when that will become practical.
If I get some time, I will, though frankly I'm not that motivated to go hunting through the Internet. I'm confident in my position and don't have a problem with you disagreeing. I simply don't have the time to be the expert lawyer, economist, and political analyst that CG requires I be, AND keep my day job as a software developer in the meantime.

If I run across something though, rest assured I'll pass it along.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote