View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #16
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
would you rape a child in front of a father who had hidden away your family?

If not, then what lines are you not willing to cross to save your family?

Would you cut off fingers? Would you cut out his eyes?

Would you advocate passing a law where certain domestic crime suspects could be tortured for information? For example a child is kidnapped, and the suspect is caught, and it is believed she is hidden away and perhaps still alive? (this has happened).

You, holder of the Melchizedek Priesthood, who values eternal life above all other things, what manner of depravity would you sink to?

I suspect you will not answer these questions.
I don't know what I would do. These examples are a bit silly, as we are talking about simulated drowning, not child rape. OTOH, what if you could save 700,000 people if you cut off the fingers of a prisoner? WOuld you do it?

POlicy and personal decisions are not the same thing. I strongly believe in due process. ALl accused should be given a trial, even those we know are gulkty. OTOH, if a guy that had raped my daughter was being tried, I might be tempted to go Ellie Nessler on him. This would be bad, I know, and should never be policy, and would be inconcistent with my beliefs and would NOT be justifed, but I might still do it.