View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 11:37 PM   #20
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Sometimes teh distinction is becaseu of the personality involved, other times it is simply du to the amount of excpereince the leader has. It is hard to be a bishop or a SP. In my stake, the SP makes very clear that the handbook is not to be followed dogmatically, and it is only a guidline subjec tto inspiration and common sense. I like his approach.
I've posted this comment of E. Ballard's before. I think it nicely sums up the best approach:

Quote:
Second, be innovative. As we work to magnify our callings, we should seek the inspiration of the Spirit to solve problems in ways that will best help the people we serve. We have handbooks of instruction, and their guidelines should be followed. But within that framework are substantial opportunities to think, to be creative, and to make use of individual talents. The instruction to magnify our callings is not a command to embellish and complicate them. To innovate does not necessarily mean to expand; very often it means to simplify.
http://lds.org/conference/talk/displ...-646-7,00.html

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote