View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 11:20 PM   #8
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
You seem unable to envision that someone who is young and inexperienced can do a good job. Obama doesnt have to know everything. He just has to be smart enough to realize that he doesnt. The appropriate Cabinet and advisors will follow....the same for Mitt and anyone else who gets elected.
One of my concerns with Barack Obama is that he seems to relish his own popularity, deeming himself an agent of change while using religious terms to describe himself. What happens when one of his smart advisors makes an unpopular, yet necessary, recommendation? I wonder how open he would be when the change he's seeking will abandon a segment of his base. He'll have to have spine to deal with being hated by his own.

He seems to be a leader who thrives on emotion over logic. Isn't emotion his whole appeal? He inspires his followers to unity. He makes us believe that change is going to come. Yet the President will never be a uniter if he wants to be effective. He has to hurt feelings, step on toes, cut budgets, cut programs, fire people, offend constituencies, and a number of other unpleasant tasks. I just don't see Oprah's guy being right for that job.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote