View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 07:38 PM   #5
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quisqueyano
I don't mind the Tiagra. it's the fact that it has a 7 gear cassette. It's obsolete. I'm screwed if I need parts.
That is a key issue. I would nto be tooafraid of using tiagra or oither lower level compnents. It is true they may not last as long, and it is true that you may need to avoid power shifts while standing and definitely avoid even a hint of cross-chaining, but for the most part, if you treat them well, keep them clean and serviced, they should alst a good long while.

The 7 speed cassette is an issue, however. As I mentioned, I have an old crit frame bike and it is a seven speed cassette. In an accid4ent I choose not to describe in detail due to its rather embarrassing nature, I ended up needing some new parts for this bike. I thought Iwould be hosed. Ebay came to my rescue, however, as I was able to find New Old Stock for everyhting I needed and the bike Looks exactly like it did before the accident. SO there are avenues to address ther aprts issue.

If you could get this bike for $400 (and it fits and is in good coindition) I would buy it.