View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #5
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Creekster's position is understandable, but it is still disappointing that two deaths results in nothing more than a slap on the wrist. This quote is also relevant.
I found that same paragraph interesting as well. I assume he is from the cyclist's racing team. I find it less of an issue than he does. Say he works from 7am-7:30pm and then has to report back to work at 7:00 the next morning. How hard is it do get well rested with that kind of a schedule?

He says:
Quote:
"If drugs and alcohol weren't involved, I think we need to look at the department, his commanding officer and why he was put in a car in that state."
Did the officer show up to work unshaven in his pajamas with his eyes half-shut (or is it half-opened)? I highly doubt it. I can't for the life of me see why anyone would even entertain the idea that the department was somehow partially responsible for this. People do 12 hour shifts all the time without falling asleep 4 hours into the second shift. The blame lies completely with the officer, imho.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote